Saturday, April 14, 2018

Nearly blown off the cliffs.

A bit more than 1/2 an inch of rain this morning. It has been blowing a gale for all of the day. We have had a late afternoon walk as it was too wet this morning. Wonderful waves and it is all really exciting. I havent done a lot, general tidying up and got on with a bit of wool embroidery.At least I dont have to water the pots. John still not feeling well so a slow day for him. Dare I say it but I think we are getting old. Still we are managing.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was raised in a town on Lake Michigan, one of the Great Lakes here in the USA. I loved to be at the lake when a storm roared. It was exhilarating. The rush of the wind and water brought a thrill that I tremendously miss. I have never been scared of storms. I'm that crazy person that is outside watching for a tornado when everyone else is taking cover. I'm so glad you are getting rain. Unfortunately we are too...we don't need it. I suspect in the summer we will be crying for it to rain. Well, we get a little older each day and are able to do a little less that we did before. I guess we just have to stay as active as we can and be happy with it.
xx, Carol

Hildred said...

Wild and wonderful pictures! Take care..old age sometimes takes us by surprise!

Barry said...

P - looked wild but beautiful. B