Friday, April 13, 2018

Finally some rain

After months of almost no rain at last here it is raining. I hope I am not getting too excited but at least it has cleaned the air a bit. There is a new zygopetalum orchid out and flowering and new flower buds are coming on my moth orchids. We had a long and tiring day yesterday in Adelaide, early start for our haircuts, then to lawyers, new wills and power of attorney done. Stuff to the accountant, a call in to my sister and lunch with friend P. Home through the hills which I enjoy, I did offer to drive as John not feeling well,too much smoke and dust in the air for him. With this very late heat we have had bushfire and north winds. Not much fun. I also had to do the weekly shop on the way home and it was all I could do to put it all away, at least I had sense enough to buy a cooked cook so that and a salad was an easy dinner. I am going to put the left over with bacon, leek and mushrooms I to a cheesy white sauce for dinner tonight. I don't think we have had much rain yet but it is supposed to go on for a day or so. I can sit and embroider more of the cot blanket, it was too hot before. The mattress we had ordered has come but it does take up a lot of room in my designated sewing room. I just hope it is comfortable. I was so pleased that the fit young man who delivered it helped John get the base in as well.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, that WAS a busy day. I try not to pack too much into one day because it wears us out. But I also want to get as much done at one time as we can because I like to stay home. I'm so glad you got some rain and I hop you get more. I don't think I have ever seen you post pictures of a rainy day before.
xx, Carol